Regional Plan Would Provide Consumer Choice, Increase Renewable Energy and Stimulate the Local Economy
- Increasing the local power portfolio of renewables by more than twice what is now offered by PG&E and reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by purchasing energy that is at least 70% GHG free.
- Developing a long-term strategic goal of 100% regional energy self-sufficiency by building out local renewable generation projects, using revenue surplus that would otherwise have gone to PG&E shareholders.
- Creating numerous construction jobs for renewable energy build-out, many permanent operations and maintenance jobs, and nearly $1.4 billion in total economic output.
- Offering complementary programs that serve community interests such as net metering, comprehensive energy efficiency retrofits, community solar, electric vehicle charging, and support for local training programs.
- Monterey County: May 24: 9:30 a.m. to noon, Monterey County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 168 West Alisal Street, 1st Floor, Salinas.
- Santa Cruz County: June 9: 9:30 a.m. to noon, Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean Street, Room 500, Santa Cruz.
- San Benito County: June 9: 3-5:30 p.m., San Benito County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 481 4th Street, 1st Floor, Hollister.